Dear Members & Supporters This is a quick update to let you know what is happening with Basketball and at the Snakepit. As we are all aware, Basketball is currently on hold till further notice due to COVID-19, with the Snakepit remaining closed. You are probably hearing plenty of discussion in the media about when local sport may return. We are taking our advice from BNSW and there is not change to recent advice about a return date but please keep watching our website/social media for any relevant Federal and State government updates on COVID-19 as we are anticipating some news next week (7 May). What we here have been up to is:
- our development staff have been running scoial media for players and coaches with weekly updates, activities, exercises and prizes – please subscribe to our Youtube channel!!
- on Courts 3 & 4 installed new rings and undertaken maintenance on backboards and supports, and have seen all baskets set to optimal height for when competitions resume
- removed, replaced and re-painted skirting boards to freshen up the hallway, entrance and surrounds to Courts 2,3 & 4
- commenced repainting and the completion of the painting on the Eastern and Western Grandstands around Court 1
- cleaned cobwebs on Court 2 plus painting the surrounding walls to match the existing colour scheme in the Snakepit.
In the next couple of weeks we are hoping to complete all repainting all interior doors as well as washing down the exterior of the Peter Bolt Administration centre. A reminder from BNSW to download the COVIDSafe app so that we can all quickly get back to the sport we love. Any questions or concerns please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. In the meantime, be patient, enjoy your stay at home and stay safe.